Thursday, October 18, 2012

Clearing the Pantry

So in getting ready for my meal planning I decided to clear the kitchen pantry and take inventory. This allowed me time to calculate points and write them right on the boxes of what we use the most.  I have a small pantry and things tend to get cluttered. Since we need to do the week's grocery shopping this is the perfect time to take inventory and start a weekly menu.

Here is my little man saying, "mom what are you doing?"


Before as you can see things are just willy nilly put in 


 I took everything out of the pantry and put it on the table and counters, I took inventory and separated everything into easy categories.  Then I played grocery store and shopping with Riley to gather everything back up. I got organized and she thought we were playing. So it was fun for both of us.


This is the after photo, I separated the items into categories  top shelf chips, breakfast items. See that I have extra black binder clips hung on the shelf. They make great chip clips or bag sealers. I had extra when we cleaned out the office and converted it to a nursery for little man.  Second shelf is for canned goods and common dinner sides. The third shelf is for baby food, non breakable Peanut butter & drink mixes.  The fourth shelf I organized our oils and baking supplies on the right and my commonly used mixers on the left. The bottom shelf I left for my basket that holds party plates, napkins and party cups on the right and on the left is the food saver machine and uncommon items which are used less because the trash can sits in front .   It is now easy to see everything we have and ready for healthy foods to come home.





No comments: